Friday, July 24, 2009

HUMIDITY CAN SUCK IT!!

*Instert Texas accent* - It's not so much the heat that'll get ya, it's the humidity.

HUMIDIDTY CAN SUCK IT!

I awoke excited for my morning workout, until I stepped outside. Texas is gross! Nevertheless, LeKyte and I headed towards the neighborhood that we had scoped out the night before for our run.
Stopwatch set and go...
Phew only 4 minutes in and it's tad hard to breathe, kind of feel as if I smoked a pack of reds this morning (which I did not just to clarify). Must be the humitidy.
When we run in the TC, LeKyte does not use a leash she just bounds playfully around me. Today as she is on the leash due to being in a neighborhood I realized one very disheartening fact. I run very slowly. I looked down and she is just kind of walking along. She wasn't even moving fast enough to make her tags go "ting ting ting ting ting". It must be the humidity.

A good portion of my profession is spent making people run. Ironic don't you think? Today as I was suffocating (again the humidity) I started to ponder all the words of wisdom that I yell at my kids when they are tired, struggling for air and wanting to quit:

"if you pick your feet up it's easier to run"
"stride out is't easier to run"
"stop looking at the ground and focus on where you're going"
"just because you are bouncing doesn't mean you're running"
"are you kidding me, my grandmother can run faster than that"
"push yourself, I haven't killed anyone yet"

In going over my own words of wisdom, I realized one thing. I'm annoying! Nevertheless, I used these words to continue my voyage.

The neighborhood was small, but I didn't want to venture too far away from the hotel. One: because I am unfamiliar with the area and two: the further you venture the further you have to go back. There was this lady out walking her dog, we were going opposite directions around the neighborhood. I felt the need to justify to her what I was doing. It seemed as if everytime She came into sight it was time to run, so I'm certain she was thinking "awww, look at the fat girl who wants me to think she is running the whole time". I made sure to check my watch often infront of her so that she would know that I was timing myself.

I managed to finish the run, this was undoubtedly the most difficult one. Must be the humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment