Thursday, July 23, 2009

OUCH!!

Why do my forearms hurt from running? Why do my shoulders hurt from running? I do not recall shadow boxing while working out yesterday, though I do like to shadow box so it's a possibility.
Soreness breakdown:
legs - check
ass - check
forearms (for some unknown reason)- check
shoulders - check
back - check check
Welcome to Ouchtown, population...me!

Now even thought the workout plan only calls for doing the program 3 times a week with rest periods between workouts I feel that the only way to get rid of soreness is to run it out. Therefore, I went for the second workout today. I did the exact opposite in preperation that I did before the last run. Woke up with clear lungs, a happy liver and set out to run right away before I was tempted to eat something fried. It didn't feel any different than the day before. I think what we've learned from this is that smoking & drinking does not hender a running performance and who knows smoking & drinking while running may even help.
The good news is the LeKyte is getting the hang of this running thing and only tripped my three times today.
I'm taking my show on the road and will be running while on location in Dallas this weekend. I think it's hot down there...ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment