Monday, July 27, 2009

TRICKERY & DECEIT

Today started the second week of workouts, which means kicking it up a notch. The first week was surprisingly easy, so I awoke this morning almost excited to run. Holy kick in the balls (if I had them). C25K had tricked me into thinking that there is a chance that I not only may enjoy running, but that I could actually be pretty good at it. This deceit is achieved by building your confidence in the first week, to where you actually look forward to running. I even once had the day dream during the first week while running of one day competing in a marathon....a MARATHON!! Those day dreams were quickly replaced today by heavy breathing (not the good kind), what felt like my tibia snapping into and protruding out of my leg, and so much thigh friciton that I was lucky the entire Timber Creek area did not go up in flames.
I may have contracted a case of adult-onset asthma. This is a real medical problem, I looked it up just to be sure. It's either that or the fact that I spent the weekend in Dallas "recruiting" and pulling full shifts drinking & smoking at Hooters with a college friend. The jury is still out.
I think they also may have done some work on the TC trails this weekend while I was out of town. It seems as if the moved in some dirt so make the inclines well more incline-ish. Some reaching heights of 10 ft or more...well, that's what I'm telling myself anyway.
LeKyte is getting better about not tripping me, however sometimes she forgets to turn when I do. Being a fairly intelligent puppy she always comes to a certain whistle. Have you any idea how hard it is to gasp for air and whistle at the same time? Not to mention the fact that on the last lap I was turing the corner, look to my left to see that she has went the wrong direction. I muster up what limited air that I have (due to the adult-onset asthma) and as soon as I breath in to whistle a freaking cobweb hits me in the face! I got a little in my mouth.
Today running is not in my top 5 favortie things to do, infact it may not even be in my top 10. Nevertheless, I finsihed the workout and ate some spaghetti at 10:00 a.m....don't runners carb-load? I just really like spaghetti.
I wonder if i should pick up an inhaler?

No comments:

Post a Comment